Monday, July 26, 2010

In The Heat Of The Summer


Here in Colorado, we are in the really hot part of summer (as I hear much of the country is), so I don't get out as much as I would like to photograph flowers.  But yesterday, the kids and I, along with my sister in law and her son headed out to the Botanic Gardens during the morning.  It was pretty busy since it was Sunday and there were several beautiful weddings going on!   I did manage though to get a few flower photographs before it got too hot for us to be out. 

I am still amazed that there are so many beautiful flowers in the heat of the summer.  I am also very glad to see so many that love this heat so I can photograph them!

I am also starting to get back into textures.  I had taken a  break from adding textures to my photographs, but began to miss them! lol  As you can see, some of these prints in this posting have the texture added to them.




Aside from flower, I have been wanting to take advantage of all the fresh fruit.  My family and I love cherries.  They do not last long around here.  I think these Rainier cherries are so pretty w/ all the different colors on them.  Needless to say, they didn't last much longer after this photograph! 

Just a side note....Today is the last day for my Buy 1 print, Get 1 Free Sale.  The details are in my shop annoucement!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails