Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Other Loves Of My Life!


There are many loves of my life besides photography.  I am also a stay at home mom to two wonderful little kids, so that is a huge (and important) part of my life!  But, I also love to cook and I love to do anything outdoors - for the most part!  HA! 

The family and I can't wait for spring to roll around so we can go camping and hiking again!  We took our kids on their first camping trip this past summer to a place South West of Denver in the Colorado Mountains.  We all had a blast.  My kids loved playing in all the dirt and mud all day long.  LOL  They loved the camp fire and of course, they loved the Smores!!  They have been asking all winter long if we can go camping again. 

In the photograph above, one of my favorite campsites sits just to the right of the open field of that amazing mountain range.  Its called Moraine Park (I could be wrong, but I think this open field is also called Moraine Park).  The camp ground has the view of all of these mountains and of one of Colorado's many 14ers called Longs Peak (its to the left of this photograph - can't see it here).  This campground is one of the places I hope to take this kids this summer!!  If you go to this open field in the fall, there are tons and tons of Elk out for the mating season.  They are all along this open field and along the road that took this photograph on.  The Elk are HUGE and a pretty big attraction that time of year.  

The view in this photograph is one of my favorite places in Colorado!  We go up there a few times a year for camping and hiking and we always drive along this road that takes us past this spot.  I can never  get enough of it!  Usually you can see a lot more mountains where the clouds are at, but this time, the snow clouds were starting to roll in! 

I plan to add more of our hiking and camping adventures to the blog as the summer rolls around.  I love the share all the beauty and fun that Colorado has to offer!!  Maybe I will throw in some cooking posts too!!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Camping is fun! You have such beautiful scenery around you! I love that picture!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails