Thursday, June 30, 2011

Went off to NC again

When I went to North Carolina in May, it was to see my grandmother who has colon cancer.  She had just been diagnosed in April of this year and the cancer had already spread.  About a week and a half ago, the day before Father's Day, she lost her battle with Cancer.   The day she passed, I took my kids and flew back to North Carolina for the funeral.

We spent a week and a half in NC and it was a bitter sweet visit.  Although my grandmothers passing was not a total surprise due to the cancer, it was still sad.  But, on the other hand, we had a wonderful time with the family we got to see.  My kids had so much fun with their cousins who they don't get to see all that often. I had a great time catching up with my own cousins and siblings.   My kids got to play in the lake every single day....they loved it!  Ahhh, that brought back so many memories!

One thing I love about my grandmothers house was her flowers.  She has some beautiful hydrangeas in her garden.  I added a new print to my shop of one of those hydrangeas.....this photograph is in honor of her and her memory!



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Amelia. So sorry for your loss, but this is a lovely tribute to her memory. :) Take care~ Mary V.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails